How to check I/O throughput and latency in Linux servers

How to check I/O throughput and latency in Linux servers

Hello,

Recently our servers started behaving really strange. Suddenly they became very slow. Even I try with small commands such as ls,top I have got the output after a while but not with regular response.

After analyzing running process and CPU utilization I went looking for I/O speed and that is where we found the issue.

So checking I/O both troughput and latency is one of the important item while evaluating a Linux Server performance and you can use below commands to find.

Throughput (I/O Streaming speed)

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct

Latency

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=512 count=1000 oflag=direct

Hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

grep: unknown device method

Uploading files to FTP/SFTP using CURL

How to find outgoing IP in Linux ?