Linux: How to remove directory / folder background color in terminal ?

Hello Everyone,

I moved to Ubuntu Linux recently from Arch Linux. I observed that my battery ( Lenovo Thinkpad E Series 3rd Gen) health getting low by using Arch Linux and there were some posts on that issue.

Though Arch Linux is great, I dont want to loose my $1000 laptop battery as I invested extra bucks especially for battery with extra capacity.

Any way, as I am using dual boot with Windows and Linux, I do have NTFS partitions.

As per color scheme of the terminal, if you list the items in the NTFS mount in terminal, they all come up with an ugly look as below


 so as you can see it, its completely not good.

So upon searching I came across below solution via Stackoverflow

If you are using zsh then open file ~/.zshrc, if bash then ~/.bashrc and paste following code at the end, save and exit from the file. Once exited, execute exec $SHELL  command, and it equal to source ~/.zshrc or source ~/.bashrc

eval "$(dircolors -p | \
   sed 's/ 4[0-9];/ 01;/; s/;4[0-9];/;01;/g; s/;4[0-9] /;01 /' | \
   dircolors /dev/stdin)"

So after applying the changes, my terminal output is clear as below

Hope it helps you.


Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

grep: unknown device method

Uploading files to FTP/SFTP using CURL

How to find outgoing IP in Linux ?