Arch Linux - Frequent or Random Freezes

I have bought a new Leveno Thinkpad AMD Series laptop and installed EndeavourOS in it. Endeavour is a Arch flavour and Arch is known for stability. Usually I am CentOS fan but as Corporate made its choice with CentOS future, I did research thoughting of sticking with one of my favorite Arch Linux. But Arch, you have to setup everything and its an interesting process though time taking. So I have chosen its flavour which comes with everything setup from GUI to Stack OS

One problem kept me frustrated that its freezes randomly and started connecting Ethernet adapter suddenly and that hangs the entire OS and sometimes I have experienced restarts as well.

On searching around Arch Linux forums I came across installed a LTS kernel solving the issue.

If you are also facing the issue you can solve it by installing LTS kernel with below commands


sudo pacman -S linux-lts linux-lts-headers
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

And reboot your machine. While Booting make sure you are selecting the LTS kernel instead of regular one.

Hope it helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

grep: unknown device method

Uploading files to FTP/SFTP using CURL

How to find outgoing IP in Linux ?